Grants & Awards
Generous grantors, organizations
and benefactors have made it possible for the restoration to move forward through out the years – from donating the depot and land on which the depot sits to the ACHS, the setting up of a family endowment, stocks and cash donations as well as volunteer hours have kept this historic restoration project alive. Without this generosity this historic building would not exist and live to serve the public once again in the form of center of historic Meadows Valley information, museum and planned artists center on the second level.
• Idaho State Historical Society, $2500 updating Historic P&IN Depot Website Website
• The Fosdick Golf Tournament, $5150 for continuing signage project and realignment of stairway leading to the second story of the P&IN Railway Depot
• Idaho Heritage Trust $2,550 50/50 Matching grant. Second story hall ceiling and wall plaster restoration and repair
• The Fosdick Golf Tournament $3,000 Depot Interpretive sign, building identity road sign
• Idaho Heritage Trust 50/50 matching grant $10,000 Second Story 23 window replacement.
• The Fosdick Golf Tournament $3,000 Matching funds for second story window replacement
• Cell Tower Mitigation $5,000 used as matching funds for second story window replacement
• Idaho State Historical Society $1,000 New printer, photo paper, printer ink
• Idaho State Historical Society $900 UV Protective Blinds President’s Room.
• The Fosdick $3,000 for appliance purchase; ISHS matching grant $1,150 for UV Blinds
• Idaho Heritage Trust 50/50 matching grant $13,000 for Corbel, Fascia, Soffit restoration; Idaho State Historical Society matching grant $900 Internet Ethernet upgrades and installation; The Fosdick $3,900 for matching grant money toward Corbel etc. restoration
• The Fosdick $3,000 for appliances; Idaho Heritage Trust matching grant, $10,000 first phase of Corbel, Fascia, Soffit restoration;
• Idaho State Historical Society matching grant $700 for UV protective Blinds
• Idaho Heritage Trust 50/50 matching grant $8,000 President’s Room restoration; The Fosdick $4,800 for ceiling insulation in the Freight Room
• The Fosdick $4,400 for asphalt tile installation in Freight Room; Idaho Heritage Trust matching grant $4,000 window restoration in elevator and stairwell
• The Fosdick $3,300 grant for computer, software and matching grant funds for bathroom window restoration project
- The Fosdick $5,200 matching grant funds for Lobby, ticket agents, ladies waiting room restoration
- The Fosdick $5,000 replace two doors Idaho Heritage Trust 50/50 matching grant $5,000 first floor window restorations Idaho Community Foundation $1,000 to replace Freight Room Doors
- Idaho Heritage Trust $1,500 50/50 matching grant for window restoration and transcription machine National Trust for Historic Preservation matching grant Historical Architect fees to study windows, design and planning
- Idaho Heritage Trust 50/50 matching grant $1,000 window restoration on first floor
- Idaho Department of Transportation matching grant $500,000 for foundation stabilization and repair, re-point bricks, roof, extend freight room, wiring, furnaces
- Idaho Heritage Trust Award – for determination to save the P&IN Railroad Depot
Esto Perpetua Award from the Idaho Historical Society – Outstanding accomplishment in preserving Idaho’s Heritage – Awarded to ACHS members Will Kerby, G. Dale Smith, William March.
- Spirit of Idaho Award for Historical Preservation – Idaho Department of Commerce for work to preserve former Union Pacific Railroad Depot (P&IN Railway)
- Dr. Robert Woods Award – Sage Community Resources for Outstanding Voluntary Service, for ongoing commitment to depot restoration and for service on behalf of economic development.
- ADAMS COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY AWARD – Sego Lily Award